Divided into several "days", this course is the ultimate deep dive into some of the most important aspects becoming a successful and confident aesthetician.
*Note, this online course does not feature CE hours*
DAY 1: SKIN ANATOMY & INGREDIENTS
- Understand the layers of skin, their function and reactions to common skin care items
- Learn about specific kinds of cells and their effects on the skin
- Comprehend the categories of ingredients, common examples and how those ingredients affect our skin
- Engage with common skin conditions and how to treat those conditions with specific ingredients
DAY 2: EXFOLIATION TECHNIQUES
- Learn about chemical peels, LED Therapies, and other common treatments
- Gain resources to help conduct a confident and thorough consultation
- Access an in-depth glossary of aesthetic terms and their importance in our profession
DAY 3: LASER & LIGHT THERAPIES
- Understand the history and science behind current Laser therapies
- Learn about the electromagnetic spectrum, and where common therapies fall within that
- Engage with techniques to carry out a successful Laser therapy session, including lesser-known tips and tricks
- Come away with a deeper understanding of Lasers and their effects on our skin
DAY 4: MEDICAL MODALITIES
- Focus on incredibly common medical techniques in our field, and performing these techniques safely and confidently
- Learn about dermaplaning and microneedling
- Understand the importance of safety, especially when working with needles and blades
- Watch experts in the field perform these modalities on a client
DAY 5: BUSINESS BUILDING & ONCOLOGY AWARENESS
- Comprehend methods to brand yourself
- Understand better the aesthetics market and how to be both competitive and successful
- Learn techniques for assessing your own worth, and practicing effectively
- Engage with the aspects of running your business, whether it be independent or with a larger practice or spa
- Learn to deal with specific client needs, including with patients undergoing cancer treatments
- Understand types of cancers, their symptoms, and how these may present in your clients
- Learn to recognize symptoms in undiagnosed clients, and encourage them to be diagnosed and catch cancers early
- Importantly, understand how to properly treat cancer patients, work around sore or painful areas, and promote their comfort in the face of difficult times
True U Education does not promote students working past their scope of practice but to learn the theory of performing treatment safely and effectively.
Please check with the state board in the state you plan to practice in. Each state has different regulations.
All sales are final-non-refundable.